PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin 3.1
Thread: Virgin 3.1
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2021, 21:11
LostWanderer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DUXNUTZ
Many good people out on the street. Recovery might be quicker than 5-7 years I’d think but still not an enviable position to be in. One would think 787s will be on the agenda again or ordered at outstanding rates whilst the market is depressed and prior to offloading of the business.
With the government announcing delays til mid 2022 for the borders to open up, and from the sounds of it that is a big ol' maybe as well, it is very difficult to believe VA or any Australian airline is currently getting too excited at the idea of ordering or leasing any new long haul jets with so many unknowns still in place.
More so, I suspect the days of heavily discounted shiny new jets is vanishing very quickly as the rest of the world opens up and people hit the skies again. Just look at the US, hundreds of jets parked and stored and within a matter of a month or so ALL of them are being brought out again as quickly as they can do it and virtually every airline is hiring again. I'm sure Europe and beyond won't be far behind if the trend follows suit.