PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One eye pulsing with heartbeat.... a bit worried
Old 9th May 2021, 15:06
Numb3r6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello, I am very late to this thread, having stumbled upon it via internet searches I've been making regarding my own vision issues. I am hoping any of the other forum members who have experienced this perhaps have more information about the symptom that can help me perhaps.

In February I was admitted to hospital as an emergency, having some symptoms that suggested either a stroke or retinal detachment. Stroke was never confirmed, but then again, the tests I had were pretty rudimentary, noting I ended up in a hospital at weekend, in the midst of the pandemic. Lack of staff and facilities just added to the lack of fun in the whole experience.

Whilst my ophthalmic consultant seems confident I don't have a detached retina, but a Posterior Vitreous Detachment (PVD) but there is still some chance of retinal detachment, though I understand the first month or so after PVD is the riskiest period - it's the symptoms that don't seem fully understood. New floaters and peripheral brightness (even in the dark) are typical of PVD, and I have those. Fortunately I believe my brain is starting to screen those out, which I was hoping for.

The last symptom though, is what has been discussed here, pulsing vision. It's only in one eye, clearly related to my pulse rate, and cannot be felt. It manifests itself almost as though a drop of water falls onto my eye. Sometimes I can remember to ignore it, if that makes sense, but when my mind latches onto it, it is quite frustrating.

It may well be something I have to live with, and as long as it's benign, so be it. But equally if the experiences discussed here have led to any specific diagnosis, I would be indebted if any information could be shared with me.

Edit 13.5.21: I've had an MRI brain scan today, following further tests with my ophthalmic consultant yesterday. Now the wait for results.

Last edited by Numb3r6; 13th May 2021 at 18:45. Reason: more tests