PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEP FNPT
Thread: MEP FNPT
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2021, 10:35
Whopity

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A single-engine IR(A) course shall comprise at least 50 hours instrument time under instruction of which up to 20 hours may be instrument ground time in an FNPT I, or up to 35 hours in an FFS or FNPT II. A maximum of 10 hours of FNPT II or an FFS instrument ground time may be conducted in an FNPT I.
Where a ME FNPT is used it would need to be approved for SEP operation. Such a device would be used by an ATO with an IR approval which involves considerable costs that can be recovered from IR candidates but would prove more expensive than operating a SEP for PPL training. Apart from one hour of Ex 19 what could you reasonably do on a PPL course that would justify the additional expense? A DTO where most PPL training is conducted would not have an approved device.

An FNPT II or an FFS representing the relevant class or type of aeroplane may be used for the revalidation provided that at least each alternate proficiency check for the revalidation of an IR(A) is performed in an aeroplane.

It is unlikely that an instructor teaching on a ME FNPT would not be SE qualified however, the instructor must be qualified for what they are teaching. A CRI cannot conduct ab initio licence training.