PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2021, 09:42
SLXOwft

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts
HMS Albion leads the way as commandos head for the Baltic

Well elements of 847 NAS are off to the Baltic. No mention of 845 's Merlins so a Wildcat only deployment? I wonder if Mounts Bay will get its temporary hangar?

This is the first deployment of the Littoral Response Group (North) task group, which is the first of two forces – centred around Royal Marines and amphibious ships – that will regularly carry out operations in areas of interest to the UK, providing reassurance to allies and deter potential adversaries.

In the coming months they will be involved in US-led exercises in Norway and participate in NATO’s Baltops, the largest multinational exercise in the Baltic Sea.

This task group is made up of amphibious assault ship HMS Albion and landing dock RFA Mounts Bay, plus Type 23 frigate HMS Lancaster, Wildcat helicopters from 847 Naval Air Squadron, and Royal Marines from 45 and 30 Commando.

“With two major exercises, including the 50th anniversary of NATO’s Baltops, it is shaping up to be a busy deployment.

“We are excited to be part of the development and delivery of the vanguard Littoral Response Group, as announced in the recent Integrated Review, which will project a more sophisticated, persistently engaged, and lethal commando force.” Capt. Simon Kelly RN, HMS Albion
PS I think we will all just have to agree to disagree. However, there are some whose knowledge I always bow to ... Post # 3 "I've been involved on the fringes with this thing off and on since 1994" not_a_boffin