PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2021, 06:50
lc_461

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by QFF
I suspect the safest thing to do is to have everyone vaccinated, but the govt seems to have shot themselves in the foot on that too - besides botching the rollout, now with minimal/no cases in the community, the side effects of the vaccine are more lethal than COVID and people feel there is no urgency/need to be vaccinated. After all, we're all right, Jack.
This is the exact issue... my elderly parents (well >50+) are both in reasonable health but refusing to get vaccinated due to fear of blood clots. But apart from the fact that two of their children have been heavily impacted by the pandemic, their lives in the past 6 months, not so much. Mind you, they are also feeling "safe" in QLD. With no covid circulating in the community they aren't afraid and therefore not willing to take the vaccine "risk".
Its a dilemma - both have had the flu shot this year and would not accept being called an anti-vaxxer. I'm now grateful to be fully vaccinated, but I fear for the industry that this kind of mindset is developing in the older population, let alone the younger ones!