PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas...Post COVID
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2021, 01:16
thec172man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cloudsurfng
I’m sure it won’t be long until a proper legal challenge is mounted. Keeping families apart, especially from lower risk countries AND if you and your family are vaccinated must be against some kind of law. We are becoming a first world North Korea, or worse, a China. This is not a dictatorship despite what Scotty and some premiers would like you to believe.

however, where does it go for international crew from here? What ramifications would there be for a complete are almost complete wiping out of the LH part of the airline? Very worrying times.
I honestly think it'll just be status quo for LH crew as before, wait around on no pay. The headlines are sensationalised and it's all politics at the moment (threaten fines and jail time for own returning citizens ... not so good PR). The Northern summer coming up would be a good indication on allowing international movements, even with the slow rollout of the vaccine and low risk appetites in Australia, if the data shows that cases don't explode to cause mass amount of deaths and overwhelming hospitals, then the federal government would continue with their bubble concepts and gradually open up from next year to selected countries.

Fortunately or unfortunately based on someone's point of view, the stand down clause has somewhat allowed CR to really be used as a last resort. So as I said in the beginning, it'd just remain status quo for LH crew.