PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly without fuel?
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2021, 18:36
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by ancientaviator62
Whenever I hear the words 'scientific consensus' I am reminded of the countless times in history that this proved false.
Exactly!!!
Any time you hear people claim "The science is settled", you can be quite sure the opposite is true. Proclaiming that "The science is settled" is simply an excuse to shutdown honest debate.
I've been hearing the claims that the planet is 'ten years' from some sort of climate catastrophe for the last 50 years - the boy who cried "Wolf" has nothing on these people.

I'm not a climate scientist, but I've worked control systems for most of my adult life - and the thing that really bugs me about the CO2 'doom and gloom' is that it implies an unstable system. You sea, the worlds oceans are a huge storehouse of 'global warming' gases - CO2, methane, etc. As the ocean warms, can no longer hold as much of these gases, and has to release them into the atmosphere - which would cause the earth to get warmer, causing the oceans to release more of these gases - and eventually we have Venus. Conversely, if it gets colder, more of those gases dissolve into the oceans, causing the earth to cool, and pretty soon we have an ice ball. Yet somehow the earth has managed for billions of years without either of those extremes coming to pass. Obviously there need to be other factors which come into play as the earth warms or cools prevent the cycling from running away - factors which we simply don't understand yet.