PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA Spine Med Discharge?
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2021, 15:29
High Average

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ScotchEggLooophole - PM sent

Well this morning I received my Tier 1 Med Discharge Forecast for PAS as promised. As a reminder to you all, I asked the JPAC to give me a forecast based upon a Tier 1 exit on a fictional date in the future. I explained to them the problems that others on PAS had faced, and the JPAC kindly agreed to give me the forecast. There is only a slight financial advantage on the forecast compared to a normal exit, but that makes sense as I am 52.

Just a word of caution ref the standard MOD Pension calculator, MOD-PC.co.uk etc. I ran a forecast about 6 months ago, and another one today using the same info to check the figures. The 2 forecasts differed. The one from 6 months ago for some reason bumped up my "final pensionable salary" by one PAS level from the level which I declared was my "current salary". I gave an exit date which is before my next PAS increment, but the calculator wasn't that wise and bumped up the salary anyway. The latest calculation didn't make that mistake

Last edited by High Average; 7th May 2021 at 16:22. Reason: Stupidity caused by medication!