PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin 3.1
Thread: Virgin 3.1
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2021, 05:36
PoppaJo

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by LostWanderer
I believe someone made a post recently suggesting a number of these former 330/777 crew have been forced to head North looking for GA work in Darwin and out bush given there is not much hiring likely to be going on in this part of the world for the foreseeable future…
So if it is true or not I have no idea but do hope they find their way back to a job again soon.

There also appears to be one heck of a list of boys and girls trying to get back in the game from VANZ, Tiger and others unfortunately who all were shafted as well. I personally know a handful who haven’t touched a plane in a damn long time now, not for lack of trying their butts off.
I know a GA operation in the Far North area that’s received 200 resumes in the last year. The trend is the same. VA/VANZ/TT/Expat.

The challenge many are facing from who I’ve spoken to is age, on each side of the seat, they acknowledge they might be waiting 5-7 years for something of substance. However they are now late 50s or cracked 60. The chances of getting hired are slim. The wife is looking at retirement not moving around again.