PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2021, 17:20
SLXOwft

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts
I believe '864 has been 'under the care of' Leonardo since 2019. So I assume a ASAC D&T cab.

Picture from May 2020 of her with a Bag in this article from 2020. https://www.navylookout.com/a-pale-i...arrier-strike/

The Merlin allocated for flight trials, the responsibility of Leonardo Helicopters, was left outdoors and needed repairs leaving it only useable for ground testing. Another of the RN’s 30 precious Merlins Mk2s had to be handed over for the task, reducing its fleet availability.
I think I can probably say on behalf of all the above Posters, I wish the Lads and Lassies tasked to make this all work all the best. Ultimately, it's in the Cab or on the Flight Deck or down in the Shed and in the AED Workshops where it all comes to rest - and it's down to the skill and, often, ingenuity of each and every one of them to make the best of it.
BZ H'n'H

Thankfully, this is intended to be a showing the flag Ex and I trust will remain so. If things got nasty East of Suez tactics based the assumptions of the North Atlantic would IHMO go over the side. Unless in range of land based (or a US CVBG) support and intel, the threat axes would be uncertain. As Mog might remind us, 39 years ago the CANA delivered Exocets by attacking from an unexpected direction hence avoiding the AAW pickets.

Last edited by SLXOwft; 6th May 2021 at 18:46. Reason: adding the missng link