PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2021, 03:41
Tucknroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Troo believer
Incorrect.
New Zealand are far less conservative than Australia when it comes to crew quarantine. Yes I’ll raise this again. After all this is a pilot forum so get over it. I’ll continue to bang on about significant differences in how quarantine procedures apply between the two countries.
Australia. 14 days no exceptions outside the Tasman bubble with a negative pcr test.
New Zealand no quarantine required except if flown in from the USA (2 days and negative pcr) Asia no quarantine required.

All Australian pilots should be outraged at the disparity. Whilst overseas both countries aircrew practice the same protocols so where is the science to back up the difference? There is none. Its heavy handed bureaucratic crap. All Aussie international pilots ffs write to your local state and federal members and make some noise.
I’m not incorrect, you’re just not understanding what I’m saying. I’m talking about the treatment of Covid in the population as a whole. I’m not talking about crew quarantine. The affect of crew quarantine on borders is minimal. It’s an inconvenience to crew, that’s all. No one else cares.