PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 1st May 2021, 03:01
Kennytheking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mad757
Apologies for deletion. The original was reported to have caused an eye disorder in another poster. He is now full of rage, ranting at the injustice of working for EK and how it ruined his life. See below for details......

Now n_n its all about you so I agree, an account of very little...
mad757,

Dunno why you felt the need to delete your post. I saw it, don't really agree with it but it was well thought out and well articulated, so worthy of a read. Unfortunately this place is filled rage and vitriol.....not much intelligent discourse going on.

People that are angry at the company need to get a grip on reality. EK is a job with a 3 month lifespan.....a paycheck for fulfilling a function. Nothing more nothing less. I have always said happiness is where reality meets expectation....reality is what it is(can't change it), so any unhappiness is caused by people who do not have properly grounded expectations. Emirates is a company and you are a resource, a disposable one at that.....the sooner you realise this the sooner you will achieve a measure of happiness. The story of the scorpion and the frog crossing the river comes to mind.

I also have no idea why we are comparing it with ryanair and easyjet. If you want to work for LCC, go work for them and stop winging about how bad it is here. They are just another company and, yes, they offer a different lifestyle. Some might prefer it, and some might not. I hear O'Leary is a peach to work for......but I'm South African so what do I know.

I heard some fos on about their upgrade on the 380 yesterday. 😂 people live in their own little world here ,
nervous, Why should they not talk about upgrade. People's dreams and aspirations do not die just because times are tough. Presumably you did the right thing and stepped in to kill off those dreams....