PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The F-35 thread, Mk II
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2021, 01:44
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!

Good comment, Turbine.

Unlike the F-111. this beast seems to be more capable of meeting the needs of the three services, and the Marines are doing well with their Bees.

The A model seems to be doing well, and I am not clear as to where the logistics line has broken down. I also sense a "Hornet uber alles"" mentality in the U.S. Navy. I flew the Sluf and Viper in their early years and logisitcs problems were apparent. They were solved and both planes went on to do well in combat and otherwise.

I am more worried about the "polyticks" that do not know squat about the procurement and fielding process. I also have a bad feeling about a few military folks that seem to focus on the negative waves. I do not know what they want to meet any threats in the next ten years, but we have to play the cards we are dealt tonight, The F-35 is not anywhere close to the F-111 fiasco. Thus far, the Red Flag results indicate a capable plane for both SEAD and basic air to mud stuff. And then there is the amazing integration of the battlefield situation that is passed to other friendllies. That rascal is worth a few AWACS.

Gums sends...