PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2021, 04:18
Troo believer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by empacher48
If you take time to read the MoH Air Border Order which was updated this April, you’ll find that Aircrew who operate Red zone flights are not permitted to fly Green Zone flights at all and must be kept separate.

Under the rules in NZ, red zone crew may operate domestically in NZ only after a 72 hour stand down and a negative PCR test, just as it always has been since July 2020. However aircrew must also comply with Australian rules requiring red zone crew to have spent 14 days in NZ before operating a trans-Tasman green zone flight.

But hey, don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story.
But you yourself just illustrated the difference. Perhaps you should read the Australian equivalent rules that don’t include bubble flying.

You fly over to the USA and the rule upon return is a minimum of 2 days quarantine plus a negative test. Is that correct? After those two requirements are completed what then? Free to move about in the community. You know things like shopping, going to the rugby, off to the pub, concert perhaps. All the pastimes and freedoms that anyone else has. Is that correct? What I’m talking about has nothing to do with red or green flights. It’s what happens outside the Tasman rule set that bothers me. I’ve read all the documents. Tell me where I’m wrong please if you can.
Enlighten us.

Last edited by Troo believer; 30th Apr 2021 at 04:30.