PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V1
Thread: Flybe-V1
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2021, 22:15
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing to see some of the suggestions on here like CWF, EMA, NQY etc. There is a reason regional flights have never worked from these airports and the more BE got involved with them the more it tipped them over the edge. If they had any sense they would go back to key bases when they arrived on the scene like BHX, SOU, EXT etc and just grow them. You don’t need to open up routes from more than one airport in a region. Air Baltic have shown what you can achieve by building bases at 3 less fashionable bases around a single fleet type. When BE were most successful it was because their fleet was just the q400 with the odd cheap 146 on top.

if they want to be ambitious then they should mirror David Neeleman’s business model and serve secondary cities that the big boys will never touch. Last time I checked his record of Westjet, JetBlue and Azul isn’t bad evidence of this business model. Watch his new airline Breeze be another success. Alas the mystery 20 A220 order was yet more for Breeze, now 80 in total on order. No reason someone in Europe could not copy this model. Not saying BE are the ones that are going to do it though. Personally I think something stinks about the whole thing but I wish them luck as they did serve a purpose that remains unfulfilled.