PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - East Midlands-7
Thread: East Midlands-7
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2021, 17:23
ATNotts

Received 197 Likes on 108 Posts
The Cargologic 747s are on the UK register and only, so far as I can recall operating EMA-CVG-EMA. I think they also operate a weekly ATL-EMA that finishes up somewhere in the EU but of course as it's a UK registered aircaft there probably wouldn't be issues carrying revenue cargo EMA-wherever in EU. The Kalitta 747 CKS330/330A operates LEJ-EMA-LAX, but of course this is a different kettle of fish as it's a US registered aircraft and therefore there maybe issues carry paying cargo between LEJ and EMA, but then again FedEX use US registered aircraft for UK/EU flights so perhaps not. Somebody better versed than me could probably clarify that point.

The Brexit (lack of a) deal has made it impossible for Aerologic to operate the D- registered 777 freighters between UK and the USA, and similarly EU registered aircraft, such as the Star Air 767s to operate domestically in UK, so those aircraft now fly domestic UK legs on Titan flight numbers, hence some of the changes to the DHL operation that occurred after the end of transition.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above.