PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just your honest opinion
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2021, 09:25
redsnail

PPRuNe Handmaiden

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
How to answer the "why did it take you so long to get qualified?"
Easy. "I was not in a position to take on board such a huge amount of debt with no real guarantee/collateral to support such action."

The bizjet world is comparatively small compared to the airline world. Often it is a case of who you know. It is rare for those new to the industry to step into a Global or Gulfstream. You're more likely to find yourself in a Mustang or an Excel. Right now, it's very busy in the bizjet world. Rich folks want to travel but not in the same cabin as the general public.

As to English. When I was doing the pre-interview phone calls for a large Fractional bizjet company, I interviewed a French Air Force pilot. His knowledge was excellent but his English a bit of a struggle and I knew that's one of the things the interviewers will focus on. So, I recommended to him to practice his English, watch English tv, visit England (if he could) just to get more comfortable with conversational English. He had 6 weeks. He did it and was successful. I appreciate that this is different to ELP-6 but it would be a help.