PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX managers "bullied worker"'
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2021, 02:06
RV6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry REX managers "bullied worker"'

"Regional Express airline managers bullied an engineer at work, compromising his health and safety through their unreasonable behaviour, the Fair Work Commission has found."
A report in The Austrailian on Saturday says that REX engineers have been bullied and harassed for raising safety problems. The Fair Work Commission has upheld the complaint.

This follows reports in July last year: https://www.gladstoneobserver.com.au...rline/3768128/
In a complaint to CASA filed in May, the association made claims of "serious breaches of safety obligations" at the regional airline.

More Stories

"Coercion, intimidation and bullying of employees has reached a point where employees are reticent to report aircraft defects, including major defects, for fear of recrimination," the complaint said."

I wonder if CASA has taken any action on this. I know that the engineer named in the Australian newspaper report is not the only one to have received this treatment. A friend of mine has exactly the same story. How can CASA allow an airline to continue to operate when they know the engineers are being harassed for reporting defects?