PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just your honest opinion
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2021, 11:10
ExLunaScientia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

First of all, thank you very much for all your responses and all your points of view, i really appreciate all of them. Thanks!

Well, i always have heard that Ryanair HR filters all applicants that doesn't pass all the subjects at the first attempt. In fact, recently i've been in Ryanair's career's site and they ask about a form of all your results and all the attempts during your ATPL exams. Even i have a friend of mine (ex-RYR pilot) that have told me about it. This fact, plus the fact about my age and all the circumnstances i have explained before, made me to loose any hope in being selected in a near-mid time future. Wish i'm wrong!

And yes, i can bring other "pros" that couldn't being brought by fresh cadets (some more flight time, more matureness, a natural inclination for looking for life stability rather than a higuer sallary or so), but i don't know until wich point airliners' HR staff/airline policy looks for this "assured long-term worker" rather of a young cadet easy to mold and paying the same money for the same type rating. But as all of you pointed, i will try, of course! It haven't been easy to be here, sure all of you know the suffering, the desperation moments, the almost give-up days..so i won't quit myselef of trying, that's why i asked for your opinion as or sure, your point of view will be so interesting. and most important, sure you could give me the best advices about where to apply, what can i expect, etc. I'm not too much into airline industry, so i have barely few contacts on it to guide me. In general aviation i move as if i was at my home, but airline it's a little "far" from me right now.

Fortunately, I'm lucky enought! ..meanwhile i have seen how lots of pilots have been grounded, i kept flying. Please don't take this words as a cockiness but as i am very aware of all the pilots grounded and all the dramatic situation. What im trying to say it's that if i'm asking for a airline pilot position it's not because of the 3 bars on my shoulders instagram's pics but because an honest feeling of professional satisfaction. Some of you proposed about glider towing: thanks for the advise my friend! wish i could!! I was a glider pilot before CPL and towing it's a "wish", but thank to God, i still have a job flying so no need it to gain more flight time. Again, luckily.

As BananaJoe points, i will do MCC-UPRT. 99 per cent sure it will be APS-MCC. I will give my best this year to get both of them!

Firefighting by plane it's funny! in fact, my company it's one of the major Air Tractor operators in the world. It means, soon or late i will have the chance of seating on it if everything goes normal. I've been involved on this kind of operations (some years back-seating Air tractor on fire missions, some others as grund staff). But never was were i pointed my shoot. Gives you a decent sallary, but as we all know, sallary it's not the most important side of a job. Of course, if the years go by and can't be airliner i will not reject an eventual offer. Better flying rather than going back to a factory as many years of my life.

Redsnail, yes! i considered..bizjets are just amazing! When i was younger, i was flight dispatcher-handler in VIP aviation for a while! Relly impressive to see a Gulfstream, or a Global... recently, Vistajet was looking for some pilots. Unfortunatelly, one of the requirements was ELP level 6. And all the offers i see on internet have the same killing words: "rated". But of course, i will try. Do you think it could be easier to get a position in Business aviation rather than airliners?

Cargo planes? love them too! and just like you, i have worked very hard so it doesn't scare me night shifts, early mornings load or download... What do you think? Could be the best chance to fly an airliner?

Bealzebub, i really appreciate enormously your words! yes, i'm so determinated person (all of you knows how hard it's this business when you came from a very humble family).. and yes, i followed the aerial work way but if i must to be honest, i was on the right place at the right moment: i was ground stuff at my company (basically, 12-16 hours per day cleaning Air Tractors, refuelling, cutting the grass etc etc). Once i was done with my CPL (no ifr, no multi), two fellows were promoted to firefighter pilots so two pilot positions were available. As my boss knew me and the other pilots (the ones i cleaned, assisted, refueled their planes) they spoke to my boss well about me, i was offered to do a flight test, and i don't know how but i succeed (really, the worst flight and the worst landings of my life!). Later, with the increased sallary, i could afford to save enought to do my IFR rating, plus the ME. And that's an interesting question i would like to ask you..I started my PPL in 2004, from 2005 to 2015 i manage to get my time building, 2018 i did my CPL and just in 2020 i finished my IFR-ME. It took me lot of time (you know, money stuff..). It's gonna be a "con" the fact i needed such a long time to complete my formation? How to front this during a HR interview?

Finally, i would like to thank you again for your answers. You are very kind and polites!

Warm regards!