PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Minimum to get first GA job 2021
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2021, 06:21
Cessna 180

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As other have said, you are probably in the wrong town. Darwin and Cairns generally source thier pilots from the peripheral towns.

I agree you have the required qualifications to get a start. Keep current if you can, hire someones 210 occasionally, obviously easier said than done.
Do not waste money on "GA ready" or similar sounding courses. Instructor or other ratings will make little difference in my opinion. Any reputable operator will hire on suitability for the job and make an allowance for your low hours or lack of currency as long as you can demonstrate the ability to learn quickly.

Know your regs, be confidant but not cocky. Agree that is a bit like courting a chick! What works with one may not work with another. Just be neat and tidy and have polished boots.

I would say Lake Eyre and Kununurra will be particularly busy this year as well as any other out the way places you can think of that have tourists plus scenic flights. Even little places with just one or two planes. Think outside the box.

Best of luck