PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MPL experiences from students
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2021, 22:46
mrmax29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just finished one. Government funded like most education here so no debt at least, which seem to be the only good thing right now. Completed in cooperation with a certain Scandinavian Airline (haha).
B737 rating with 0 hours, ~100 or so on SEP and 170 in FNPTII/FFS.

Not sure what to do now, we're not tied to one airline as some seem to think. We are free to apply wherever, although will probably take a few years until the airlines will start hiring on a decent level. If I knew what the airline industry is like and how vonourable it can be I would have chosen the CPL path instead of the MPL path, I had the choice back in 2019 as there are two sponsored pilot schools with 20 spots per year here, but I chose the MPL road because things were looking good then. Would never ever pay for MPL training, too much risk now in hindsight. I feel my chances of landing a job in the future market is low with the hours I have and a rating with no hours. I have a PPL/SEP rating so I'm guessing my best bet is to do a CPL conversion to be less restricted on where I can apply and how airlines see my application.

Any advice from more experienced people?