PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Lose Gatwick Contract (Split thread)
Old 24th Apr 2021, 20:59
escaped.atco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The LGW contract will be an interesting one. In theory they should have retained their NATS original Terms & Conditions when they were transferred to ANS, if so it should be a straightforward process to TUPE again back into the NATS brand albeit under the Solutions name. There may well be lots of things that older staff members did under NATS, continued to do under ANS and will again continue to do under Solutions. I've heard a variety of rumours that the LGW staff had in some cases negotiated better Terms & Conditions for certain practises that they had under NATS originally - fair play to them for doing so - it'll be interesting to see if NATS are happy to let that continue or will they try and bring them back to standard practise. The NATS handbook will no longer apply in lots of areas, the ANS handbook will be what they have used and should be what is brought with them. In reality I'm sure NATS will want them aligned as closely as possible to the real NATS. Pay scales, not sure how they have diverged over the time they have been with ANS, they will have to fight for their own pay deals rather than getting a blanket deal that Prospect has agreed for real NATS. NATSAGs, if theres been any new ones in the last few years they wont apply to Solutions.

Having reread through this thread, there was a lot of talk about NATS arrogance and how this was contributory to losing the contract in the first place. What has changed??? I believe LGW were short staffed and struggling to get trainees through, or happily chopping them if rumours were to be believed to prove a point! NATS have no trainees in the college at present, I understand prospect wont allow real NATS staff to go work for a Solutions unit so where are they going to get recruits from?

As the Solutions model gets used more, the large standard NATS Terms and Conditions normal package is going to get fragmented and diluted as different airports will be using different handbooks and practises etc. That group bargaining power will soon disappear, interesting times ahead.