PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Shot - Side Effects?
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2021, 23:28
ruprecht

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 70 Mustang
But after my second Pfizer shot, I have been having chest palpitations and periods of irregular heartbeat.
with the covid backlog, getting any clear diagnosis will take quite a while.
I called and described my symptoms and a visit was scheduled.
I went in for the visit and that doctor, quite young, did say that a wrist check of my heart beat was indeed a bit irregular. Blood pressure was all she checked and it was fine. She said she’d schedule an ecg and a blood test.
I went in for an ecg a week later and the f..er was on time and normal. I asked if they wanted me to do some exercise for a stress test and they said, no, they are limited to a 30 minute slot and much of it was used up with questions before getting wired up.
they keep asking if I am experiencing any chest pain. I have to say, no, but some very strange pounding which might be described as palpitations, but no pain.
I went in for the blood test and later that week, a different doctor said everything looked fine other than my cholesterol was a tad high. She said she’d arrange a consultation​​​​​.
I called back the same day, with a question that had arisen after my talking to her and thinking about what she had said.
another doctor called back later that evening saying things were not good with the blood test and that she is prescribing statins immediately. A bit concerned by the different interpretations of the same data.
phone consultation now scheduled for may 22.
I have asked each time for a 24 hour heart monitor but they keep saying, not yet. But if you feel any pain in your chest, call 111! Have a nice day!
frustrating that with each call and visit, it is a complete stranger.
no longer flying, difficult to afford a full private cardiac consultant.
again, no guarantee that this is related to the vaccine shots, but I have never had any cardio issue until after the second shot.
and not enough information yet, to rule out the only significant change that might be the major factor.
have been advised to say that there is “pain”
Jury still out on doing that just to get a bit more priority.
Very interesting...

I had my Class 1 medical 5 days after my first Pfizer shot. First ECG trace was garbage because the nurse messed up the leads , so I went in for a second and was rapidly wired up. Second ECG trace showed an inverted T-wave on the V3 line. Doc wants an ECG stress test to check it out, which I have to do anyway because of my age, but it certainly got my attention. ECG taken 5 months ago for secondary employment was fine.

Correlation is not causation, and I suspect it was a misaligned electrode, but I’ll know more next week.

Last edited by ruprecht; 20th Apr 2021 at 23:42.