PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI planes takes off 1200 kg overweight after software error
Old 19th Apr 2021, 23:44
Old Grouch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work in a big airline based at LHR. During the last year, we've flown many cargo-only flights on PAX A/C. In the last 3 months, I've had 3 occasions where the 'pantry code' on the loadsheet was set to freighter flight catering (~300kg), whereas the galleys were full-fit with catering carts for outstation use (~4600kg). We are not required, by formal company process, to check the galley loading on freighter flights, yet I do so, "to be sure". On each occasion, we were 4.3t heavier than on the loadsheet. On each occasion, a safety report was filed. How many times had incorrect pantry codes been used on flights, where the actual galley loading wasn't checked (and corrected)?

Sadly, the company reply to my 1st report was along the lines of "L/S error noted, however, be advised that the max weight difference before a new flightplan is required is 5t. Your weight difference was 4.3t, so a new flightplan wasn't needed". The reply to the 2nd report was "L/S error noted, however, in my opinion, this does not warrant a safety report, as the catering weights vary all the time". It really does beggar belief.