PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is SIM time useless in terms of recency ?
Old 19th Apr 2021, 08:16
nickler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deja vu
Covid is a bastard. But Nickler you chose to leave EK, you got a job, albeit not the one you want right now. Spare a thought for the hundreds/ thousands with nothing. Cathay Dragon pilots for example didn't chose to leave their 20 year gig. I once worked for an airline whose greatest concern for recruitment was not recency but gender, go figure that.
Well I did resign from EK but when I did I had already signed another contract which got eventually postponed and then cancelled. I technically don't have a job, I charge nothing when I conduct revalidations and renewals as I try to help other fellow EASA holder pilots that have been made redundant on A320 and A330 fleets. All my rant is about asking a "last flight" within 12 months which technically doesn't mean anything. My acquaintances working for some huge European LCCs have averaged one flight/month over the past 12 months and those are the lucky ones. Others have flown once or twice because of base downsize/closure.