PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2021, 13:43
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Derfred

Now you call for relaxation of international border restrictions.
There is a significant difference between closed borders as we have now and ‘sensible precautions’.

I’m very interested in these reasonable precautions you speak of, and how exactly you intend to determine who amongst us will or won’t take these reasonable precautions.
I’m vaccinated. Half my household is likewise. Why are we prohibited from travelling overseas? Some others have addressed other points.

It’s also interesting how those critical of the ‘open up’ crowd presume that it’s open slather. There are a number of steps between fully closed and ‘let it rip’. Nuance is possible in life. Just not possible in PPRUNE discussions it seems.

The whole Sydney Northern Beaches outbreak was allegedly caused by certain “exempt” folks who were expected, or “trusted” to take reasonable precautions. And didn’t.
It was caused by foreign crew ignoring their quarantine directives and lunching on the northern beaches in two different locations. Again, if the vaccine significantly decreases the chances of catching Covid (by 90%), and then when you do get it you have a milder case if not asymptomatic, and thus have a significantly lower chance of passing it on, and most of the rest of the nation is vaccinated, why are we closing the borders?