PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loosing my license: Revalidation during Soli In of UK PPL (A) to Germany
Old 13th Apr 2021, 11:45
Artus KG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Loosing my license: Revalidation during Soli In of UK PPL (A) to Germany

Hi folks,

I think I made a grave mistake when opting to Soli my PPL (A) / SEP from the UK to Germany. I have started the Soli Out from the UK and the Soli In to the German LBA in January 2020, roughly 15 months ago. Sadly, the process is still stuck in limbo. Regrettably, in a fortnight my revalidation period ends.

I hoped that procrastination and sticking my head into the sand would magically solve my problems but seems this didn't turn out so well.

Issues:
- I must complete revalidation until the end of the month for my UK SEP. I assume that not going for revalidation will be bad for the Soli. However, for various reasons I haven't flown a single hour in the last 24 months. On top of that I am a German national staying in Spain at the moment and traveling during Corona times might be an issue here. As the Soli hasn't completed I assume I only hold a national UK license at the moment which would limit my choices for an eventual revalidation.
- I would love to complete my Soli but that is stuck because for about a year now the LBA wants more detailed info on the first medical that was originally conducted by an AME in Spain and then Soli'ed to the UK CAA during my initial flight training. The UK CAA doesn't seem to understand what the LBA needs or might not have that info (audiograms and thelike). The original AME in Spain is unwilling (!) to help; his stance is that this info should be available to the UK CAA and that he doesn't have any access to my old records anymore.

And, yes, although I stuck my head in the sand likely for too long a time, I would love to keep my license.

And ideas better than "get a new EASA PPL"?

Cheers,
Artus