PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career SIM instructor salaries UK.
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2021, 10:51
111boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mike

I worked at CAE as an SFI until I was made redundant last year, would be happy to tell you all about it.Starting salaries used to be £60 K, increasing to £66 K and the work was interesting, I really enjoyed myself. Work patterns depended on fleets and planners but a lot of early starts ( 0600 briefs, which needed preparation before ) or 2400 finishes with paperwork afterwards.
They used the furlough and downturn in the airline market to reduce terms and conditions and make people redundant and then hired a lot of people on lower salaries. The majority of the middle management aren't pilots or instructors and really can't ( and don't ) support.
The paperwork and lessons are buried on an antiquated system and it's not unusual not to have a clue what it is that you're supposed to teach/examine.
There used to be a bonus scheme, which they have scrapped, I think there is still a share scheme.
My colleagues and the students were the best bits, with some ad hoc flying ( which is really discouraged and made difficult for you to do )
The happiest people it seemed to me were those that didn't have to commute
PM if you need more, best of luck