PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2021, 14:14
pug

Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts
You mean like charters? Not sure if they’re doing any presently but they’ve always been quite a lucrative aspect of the operation. I’m a bit bemused by your suggestion that they should scramble about for any old business away from their tried and tested model ‘to try get some cash in’.

I do appreciate this is an open discussion forum but comparing the operations of Jet2 to those of easyJet and TUi is like comparing apples with oranges. The people running Jet2 are highly competent and passionate about the business (traits which I m sure exist in other larger operators), which filters down through the staff. They will not have made the call to delay restarting the operation without very good reason, and they really are serious about looking after their customers! I suspect the risk of short notice travel restrictions due to the fluidity of the situation has sparked a cautious approach, it would likely cost more if they’re forced to repatriate travellers at the drop of a hat - for instance, just how simple do you think it is to get sufficient man-power off furlough and back into currency, and all those seasonal staff back up to a sufficient level, to cover all eventuality?

They’ve built their business through being highly cautious and it’s seen them well so far, there’s no reason to question their capability to deal with this and hit the ground running once there is more certainty in the travel market. Spreading themselves too thinly, and desperately entering unknown markets just to get the cash in just doesn’t strike me as something that would fit their business model.

Last edited by pug; 12th Apr 2021 at 14:31.