View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2021, 16:02
jolihokistix

The whole thing strikes me as an artificial construct, like Robot Wars in some ways, but not as good, as yet lacking a certain je ne sais quoi.

Letting someone else say it here, but this was one of the things that had been bothering me:
https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...ound-extreme-e
There are five rounds ranging from locations in the Arctic to the Amazon and every team must field a male and female driver.

The next round of the championship will take place in Senegal on May 29-30 and series owner Alejandro Agag is already considering changes to the format of the races to make them more exciting and to force teams to pit the female drivers directly against the male ones.

"I'm thinking of tweaks and I have two in my mind -- one I just came up with while I was watching the shootout," Agag said after Sunday's race. "I'm thinking that maybe I do a draw, a lottery, for who races, so we mix female and male drivers for all the races.

"Otherwise we are seeing that the teams are lining up all the men at one point and the women second. But I will think about it, it's just an idea."

The only point at which a male and female driver were in direct competition came during the battle for seventh and eighth place, when Leduc was unsighted by dust and crashed into the back Huertgen's car as he attempted to overtake.

Last edited by jolihokistix; 8th Apr 2021 at 01:33.