PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2021, 02:17
1A_Please

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
There's no condition preventing me holding a class 1 medical. As I said, they're a very "understanding" doctor and are pragmatic in their understanding of this pandemic
So you found another nutter anti-vax doctor. The last one pulling that stunt was the Bozo down in Victoria giving bogus exemptions so people didn't have to get their kids vaccinated before kinder. Turns out, he was a quack and had his medical license cancelled permanently.

Nope. They’ll be sacked. If having a vaccine is a requirement for entry into the UK, or USA, or Singapore, or anywhere an international pilot flies to, and a pilot refuses the vaccine, then they’re not able to fulfil the ‘inherent requirements’ of the job.

Perhaps they’ll be able to get a transfer to Australian operations only (if applicable for the airline) where I suspect it won’t be mandatory to have a vaccine but that could still involve some restrictions on your movements when in slip port depending on the local health rules in play at the time.
Correct, most western nations will deny unvaccinated non-citizens entry so airlines will have no interest in having these people on staff. AJ has already hinted he may look to a domestic ban on unvaccinated people once the rollout is complete at the end of 2021 so QF will be unlikely to be employing any unvaccinated staff in any customer-facing role.