PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Class E changes
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2021, 08:21
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Squawk7700
How could you ever prove that?

For example, a 737 lands at YMML with brakes on fire. The on-site fire team puts out the fire and everyone safely escapes.

Do you have a crystal ball to tell us what would have happened if they didn’t use the foam or whatever?
Squawk7700,
Prove what???
I am quoting the actual record, for aviation in Australia so far, from Year dot to the present day.
Yes, we have had brake fires --- and other airfield fires, but the ARFFS didn't make any difference to death or injury, did they,
The record is clear and unambiguous, in the history of Australian aviation, there has NOT been a survivable accident on an Australian airfield, where ARFFS made any difference to the human outcome.
The whole point of rational risk management is that human life is NOT "priceless" (the AU covid reaction is a stark example of the costs/risks being ignore, including deaths from other consequently untreated medical conditions, and we will be counting the costs for years) and back in the last century, airport fire services NOT required by ICAO were pulled from Australian airfields, saving many millions of pounds/dollars over the subsequent years.
As I said in the pervious post, and I have said many time over the years, ARFFS is a classical example of economic waste ---- and give a thought to why design criteria has evacuation time requirements ---- without external assistance.
Tootle pip!!