PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SmartLynx
Thread: SmartLynx
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2021, 01:04
Corona_FO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My friend was there and the info I have is the following. The costs of the TR at SLX are rising since 2016 from 20K now up to 35K, before there was no job guarantees, everything depends on the personal performance at the ATO and of course the demand.

As preavious guys said, there are many many courses from 2019 finished and didnt fly at all. I guess that these guys wont fly at SLX as they have no any rights to get the job. It was always 50/50.

But if you pay for a guarantee, it doesnt mean, that you fly your big hours during some months. Be prepared to accept as many unpaid leaves as they want to give you. Even if you fly 5 times a month, all other dates during this months will or can be unpaid leave. The job guarantee can also take months/years to fly some hours. I am just speaking during corona times, previous years the guys flew maximum as they have been very short of "low paid" pilots.

Remember, there is no sense to do a type rating on any aircraft without job guarantee, as it isn't worth anything with no flight hours on type. So if you have the funds, do it with SLX and job guarantee, but remember, be prepared for unpaid leave weeks/months.