PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reciprocal agreement with the EU on the transfer of UK CAA Flight Crew Licences.
Old 3rd Apr 2021, 20:06
FlyingStone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Banana Joe
I am quite sure no employer can prevent their pilots from changing their SOLI. We aren't in China where airlines own their pilots' license. Pilots should grow a pair.
My employment contract states I am required to hold an EASA licence issued by a specific authority. Should that cease to be the case, my employment will be terminated.

Would I be able to win an unlawful dissmissal lawsuit? Possibly. Do I want to risk my ability to bring food to the table, and spend thousands of EUR for legal fees to sue my employer, who will categorise costs as "rounding error"? Not really.

Originally Posted by deltahotel
Providing they’re all EASA licences I don’t see why.
EASA Examiner Differences document has over 100 pages. That's the problem. Every EASA member state has their own licencing authority, who interprets EASA regulation in their own way, with their unique procedures, which ultimately achieve the same goal.

A pan-European licencing authority would solve all these problems, but I doubt we'll see that anytime soon.