PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2021, 14:36
JJ 789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Australopithecus
I agree that the incidence of blood clots in general after the Oxford-AZ jab seems to mirror what you'd expect in the same unvaccinated population over the same time, but the rare kind of clotting event, the CVST, seems to be over represented in the data.

The risk is still minuscule compared to the virus, less than shark attacks for surfers/divers, about the same as lightning strike deaths. Much less chance of dying than winning a lottery.

As far as herd immunity goes: even the sober scientists at the CDC suggest that more than 70% of the population has to be vaccinated for herd immunity to begin in the USA. Same for Europe. Here, where even a single case triggers panic, you have to expect that total elimination is the only way we can ever again enjoy a robust aviation industry free from the snap lock-downs. That means, by extension, that we are going to need an almost total vaccination uptake. Since that isn’t going to happen without serious coercion, I wonder if the government has mapped out a strategy to force vaccinations regardless of whatever superstitions people harbour?

Since the Premiers want a zero-risk Covid response, the only way to avoid more lockdowns is a zero-risk population, which means a 100% immunity program. Otherwise, we are going to be closed to retail international travel forever. Unless of course the various governments re-educate the public about the balance of risks and accept say a flu-like mortality rate.

Anecdotally I have had my AZ jab, and have detected no &$(6z$$d covfefe.

On edit: Ahhh! I smell toast!
Ridiculous, the government can't force vaccinations. Unless you would like Australia to model itself on China? We're already a nanny state before this whole COVID business. Gee Australian's have become real apathetic pussies.
If you're not at risk, why get vaccinated? Look at the demographics where COVID has the most serious effects. Those already close to or exceeding the average life expectancy. Gee if I was living in a nursing home right now (family visiting once a week if I'm lucky, laying in my own **** for hours, surrounded by other old grogan's) I would be licking every light switch hoping to catch the bug to put me out of my misery.
So let's get on with it. Let those who want the vaccine get it and those that don't and accept a level of risk, get back to normal life.