PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2021, 06:52
Troo believer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
In 2019 prior to any COVID there were 250 deaths due to influenza in Australia. Was there a need for lockdowns, border closures, or daily briefings from politicians? NO. At what point do we accept that life has some risk attached to it and we re evaluate this current chicken little stance and get on with life? Imagine that contact tracing and snap lockdowns were used to manage a flu? It wouldn’t be tolerated yet here we are still being managed to the point of irrelevance by bureaucrats and politicians over this “Pandemic” that doesn’t exist. COVID disease is worse than the flu don’t get me wrong but with vaccination and heard immunity it will become just another bloody lurgy. The chance of someone becoming severely ill or dying from it will be statistically similar to that of the flu if not less than.

The CDC has just announced that international travellers from the USA, that have been completely vaccinated and waited the minimum time from their last vaccination, are free to travel. Upon return to the USA there is now no longer a requirement to quarantine or self isolate. I wonder how long we will have to wait for similar mature policy to evolve or will we continue to be treated as the diseased, not to be trusted. In the next few weeks most Australian based international crew will have been fully vaccinated. Will Australia treat us the same way as the CDC treat their crew? I think not.

Professor Whitty from the UK gives any disease and societal impositions context.

Last edited by Troo believer; 3rd Apr 2021 at 07:04.