PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to move to Dubai?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2021, 05:41
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha ha where have you been for the last year?

Aviation is horrible everywhere right now. For U.K. licensed pilots can’t even get a job in EU land anymore. EU is destroyed from the pandemic and the leaders don’t have a clue. Too proud to ask advice. I know you are bashing UAE for lots of reasons but they handled COVID so much better than EU land.
I know half a dozen pilots personal who reckon that’s it for them, 1 has let his TR lapse already. No more flying.

I haven’t had a job in a year, U.K. based and get no government help at all, married with 2 kids and yes 1 child goes to nursery which costs us £1500 a month for 3 days a week. Council tax is going up by another 6.8% so in the last 4 years it’s up 30%!!! Another tax rise coming. Pilots already in the highest tax bracket here and many on the £100-£120k bracket which you pay effectively 60% tax. Petrol prices at record levels and more tax coming for car users.

Its going to get worse everywhere. Europe and USA have been destroyed by this pandemic and once this is over climate change activists will be next to hit the industry.

I remain optimistic I will get a job but on what terms who knows.