PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reciprocal agreement with the EU on the transfer of UK CAA Flight Crew Licences.
Old 1st Apr 2021, 18:45
olster

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
I am surprised that there is not a legal challenge to this. Essentially we all do the same job. If you fly a B737 for Lufthansa or Jet2 it is all the same and the same standard. This is really Alice in Wonderland stuff. I am not interested in controversy or having an internet spat. This whole situation is beyond stupid with a spectacular lack of common sense. It is not fair on professional pilots either side of the channel who have their employment opportunities taken away. I do not have the inside track so have no idea whether the CAA wished to stay in EASA or not. My experiences with the CAA over a 40 year career have not left me with a warm feeling. Essentially the CAA, Balpa and the governmental protagonists have let the pilot community down. As already said I have had a long career mainly unhindered by politics. This is a real shame and I still hope common sense in the form of reciprocity can occur. My sympathies are with all posters whether they voted for Brexit or not, Brit or European.