PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ladies in the sky
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2021, 03:20
jeepjeep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skippy69
From a hiring point of view- do females get greater preference, I see some ladies getting positions that I would have thought that other colleagues where more suited for? Please leave sexism and misogyny out. Fairness is great, but sometimes I feel that at times it's too fair- if that makes sense.
Some people get along better with female personalities than male personalities, and visa-versa. If there is a panel of applicants with similar qualifications, the deciding factor in the selection often boils down to personality preferences of the hiring manager or hiring team. Also, hiring managers may emphasize certain qualifications and warning signals that you do not value or observe in a coworker.

Also, it is not possible to fully assess applicant qualifications in the hiring process (meaning, the hiring manager may miss things). Aside from quota systems that exist in certain circles and are utterly unfair, you may be experiencing a hiring team that gravitates toward females based on selection preferences relating to personality and teamwork traits. Hiring decisions are often quite personal. I see that as being human, but not being wrong.