PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reciprocal agreement with the EU on the transfer of UK CAA Flight Crew Licences.
Old 31st Mar 2021, 08:32
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Contact Approach
There is a way to ensure anything pre 1st jan 2021 is properly policed and that is because it was then under the jurisdiction of EASA. Failing to recognise that previous standards were met for the sake of gaining new licences in MS is absolute codswallop and helps nobody.
Indeed there was, the SOLI transfer was possible without any problems until december 31st for a reason, and actually advised by both the UK CAA and EASA. When i had my last UK bound simulator event in december the trainer told me that his company had switched a fair share of their UK based trainer to a non-UK EASA license to be able to sign EASA licenses in the new year, apparently companies did know that as well as many individual pilots, there are numerous thread over the last few years about SOLI transfers on this very forum for a reason.

And of course, since January 1st there has been no official partnership between CAA and EASA, therefore EASA and EASA national authorities do not have any knowledge whatever did happen to license holders and their previously held privileges, after all, it has been nearly four months now.