PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How good is Alliance!!!!
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2021, 06:15
t_cas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScepticalOptomist
Sorry Galdian - I don’t follow your logic on this.
As you say, different viewpoints.
I don’t think fairness has anything to do with it.
Nothing to do with fairness.

it is once again Qantas, and its political influence, doing deals behind closed doors circumventing normal market forces.

I will ask this. Qantas et al, have received a life line by way of government help (packaged funding), Alliance are actually performing QF flying. Qantas does deal to second crew. Alliance agrees.
Essentially it sounds like Alliance will be getting access to Qantas pilots, funded by the government via QF, to perform flying that would otherwise not attract an ounce of subsidy.

How does any of this sound like a smart idea from a QF pilots point of reference. It is creative and corrupt. No matter how it is viewed. When one is the beneficiary (facilitator) of said scheme, it would logically follow that it could not be wrong. In reality it is ethically reprehensible to support what amounts to corporate bastardry, devoid of ethics.

It is not a crime to put bread on the table. That is a totally different argument to facilitating the mechanism. Choice may be an illusion and denial is not just a River.