PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Class E changes
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2021, 06:13
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Capn Bloggs

I suppose you're still towing the line of VFR not on the radio, with no transponder, swanning around in terminal jet airspace, Leddie?

Bloggsie,
Attempted putdown --- fail!! You know. as well as I do, that I have never advocated any such thing --- based, of course, on standard definitions of such things as "terminal airspace", let alone something called "terminal jet airspace"???

As you well know, for as long as I have known you and your mates, I have advocated the US/FAA system because it works, and works well and efficiently at far higher traffic densities than ever encountered in Australia, and unlikely to be here encountered in your or my lifetime.

And just to remind the general readership, ICAO airspace classification is, in reality, the long established US system , published in a suitably UN bureaucratic form, as agreed to by ALL UN member states.

Finally, before "E" in the US, what is now E was ALWAYS controlled airspace, with the addendum " VFR Exempt" --- there is a clue there.

And, don't forget, Qantas and other VH IFR aircraft have long happily operated in Class E in US airspace, and other parts of the world where E is used, without the crews shaking in their boots.

Tootle pip!!