PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-3
Thread: Heathrow-3
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2021, 23:57
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pamann

I'm a marketing analyst, I go on the data we deal with. I support the UK having a functioning world class hub airport with global reach. If that makes me a "fanboy" in your book I can live with it. It's a very British local mindset we have where people think about "fair share of traffic distribution", many of whom have never worked in the brutal realities of a commercial environment.
I defer to Southside Bobby in his knowledge of Stansted. I am limited having used it numerous times over 15 years and watched as Continental tried and failed, American failed twice, Eos and Maxjet both collapsed but somehow I have an agenda. "Personally interpreted analytics" wins the WordSalad of The Day Award for Saturday.

Actually if STN was the hot commodity peope claim, AirUK would have made it work (I wish they had), Buzz would have been a triumph and Lufthansa and SAS would not only have stayed but built their networks. Good grief lads even easyJet struggled! Bottom line is, Ryanair and Stansted go hand in hand, it's that sort of airport. Think Oakland vs. San Francisco, Hahn vs. Frankfurt-Main. Use the place, love Ryanair, am NOT anti-Stansted, just realistic.