PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas...Post COVID
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2021, 11:53
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by The_Equaliser
Why is there any SH training at all? As it stands there are currently crew stood down in Syd and Mel, and quite few still below MGH. The threshold for training in the EA has not been met. What deal has AIPA done and why have they not consulted with the SH members prior to varying the EA? Have they agreed to train into the future and keep the SH crew at MGH? The new AIPA has been less than transparent.
All 737 crew are stood up from 29 March. I’m not sure the planned hours but I think it’s forecast to exceed MGH and increase on top of that in the coming months. 737 hours are forecast to exceed pre Covid levels before the end of this year. (Whether or not this occurs is another thing depending on what happens with borders/ vaccines/ etc).

Qantas decided on their own to start these courses and AIPA has done no ‘deal’ regarding them. Given that there is no variation to the SHEA (not that a variation can occur without members voting on it anyway..... which I’m sure every mainline pilot knows by now) I’m not sure what consultation you expect to have taken place? If you’re concerned about what the company has done email the COM and voice your concerns. Ranting on PPRUNE about a SHEA variation that doesn’t exist certainly isn’t going to achieve anything.