PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas...Post COVID
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2021, 11:09
Fujiroll76

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Telfer86
Well this is what Professor Murphy said two days ago
“I’m hopeful that pretty good international travel will happen next year, but it’s just too early to tell,”
Doesn't this mean that international travel "might" start early 2022 ?

Some of the posts above the normal Aussie ott superlative speak , the A380s are coming back , when the A350s arrive - they haven't even been ordered
, training , promotion , recruitment - very excitable talk. It's all going gangbusters - gee we do the blow hard part well in Australia

Right now domestic RPT uplift is about 20% & international is 0%. If domestic is at a steady 50% two years in that would be excellent & I think getting international
back to 50% two years after commencement would also be fantastic (but that is 2024)

Does anyone really think that Australia will open to USA , EU in 2022 ?

Do you really think guys WA /Qld premiers would allow that , not to mention the flighty fellow in Vic

I'd be happy if we just got to NZ & 4 or 5 countries in Asia
You literally have no clue.

February 2020 - 1800 domestic flights / day
this bottomed out at 220

Fast forward to last week - The domestic market saw 1500 flights.

Fair to say it’s recovering nicely. International will be the same albeit at a slower rate.

Australia will open to UK and USA by November. Quarantine requirements are still to be seen. With both countries well over 80% vaccinated by then, why shouldn’t there be quarantine free travel??