PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russia ‘jamming signals’ at RAF Cyprus base
Old 21st Mar 2021, 17:16
etudiant

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bob Viking
I neither know nor really care who attempted to kill the Skripals. I have not read too much about it other than the reports in the news. I had certainly not heard of the bellingcat report.

I find your viewpoint, and others like it, fascinating though.

Assuming you only have access to information freely available on the internet (if you are a government agent with Top Secret clearance this is a strange conduit for your intelligence updates) you seem very adamant that you know better than everyone else.

You may well be correct and I will admit that anything involving the Russian government (and indeed any government) should be viewed with skepticism. However, making definitive statements when you are not in possession of all the facts can appear a little arrogant to say the least.

There is nothing to stop you stating your beliefs but the way you present them can reflect upon the way people view you.

BV
Full disclosure, I have zero secret information, but thankfully the internet allows one to read dissident opinions from outside the Reuters bubble.
There is enough doubt raised imho by the reporting of John Helmer ( Dances With Bears ) to suspect that the UK secret services have been 'economical with the truth' in this matter.
I admit that I do not believe that recognizing the monomaniacal focus the Russians appear to have on primary mission success is irrelevant to this discussion.
We had two alleged Russian murder attempts, on Skripal and on Navaly, yet both were botched by all evidence, whereas Litvinenko was murdered with no possibility of healing, but a trace back to Russia a mile wide...
To me, this smells.