PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Convert FAA license to TCCA(Canada)
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2021, 02:58
Jorge1986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help

hello lee_apromise

I was hoping you could help me. I have my FAAAA written exam soon in order to convert my FAA ATPL to TCCA. I wanted to ask you “What do you provide as proof that you have passed an FAA IR/IPC in a multi engine aircraft?” In my case I have passed my FAA ATPL Checkride with an approved simulator for the A-320. So whats the right document to provide? If you could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by lee_apromise

I did FAA commercial multi engine conversion to TC. TC does not differentiate between ME-CPL or SE-CPL. Once you convert, you will have TC CPL with both single and multi engine ratings.

As for instrument rating, they do differentiate between ME and SE. If you want Group 1 instrument rating which is multi-engine instrument rating, you will have to provide a proof that you have passed FAA IR in a multi engine airplane or do a FAA IPC in a multi engine airplane (You can do holding, intercepting, precision and non-precision approach in a flying school sim, just do a circling approach in an actual multi engine airplane, it will suffice).