PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK to EASA
Thread: UK to EASA
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2021, 14:21
PapaEchoNovember

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you, I hadn’t spotted that.

I am a student pilot in an CPL/ATPL integrated course and I successfully completed my ATPL theoretical exams in the UK by December 31, 2020. Can I complete, after that date, the flight training in an ATO approved by an EASA Member State or EASA? Will my UK ATPL theory certificate of completion be accepted by EASA Member States for the licence issue after December 31, 2020?EASA Member State competent authorities may continue to accept such valid theoretical knowledge examination completion certificates for the purpose of issuing Part-FCL licenses and ratings in accordance with either Regulation (EU) 1178/2011 or Delegated Regulation (EU) 2020/723, provided that those examination completion certificates are still within their validity period in accordance with FCL.025(c) in Annex 1 to Regulation (EU) 1178/2011 and provided that they were issued by the UK CAA before January 01, 2021 in full compliance with Annex 1 (Part-FCL) to Regulation (EU) 1178/2011. In particular, in accordance with FCL.025(a)(1) in Annex 1 (Part-FCL) to Regulation (EU) 1178/2011, the entire set of theoretical knowledge examinations for a specific licence or rating must have been taken under the responsibility of the UK CAA.
Looks like this is geared towards CPL/IR students who completed their exams before 01/01/2021 rather than ATPL holders, if I’m correct this still means we need to complete the 14 exams to convert over as per (EU) 2020/723 and the full third country licence conversion process. (If the exams were completed more than 36 months ago, which I suspect they would be for most ATPL holders.