PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SmartLynx
Thread: SmartLynx
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2021, 10:33
uberfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to do type rating do it at independent training center which would cost around 15-20k. Believe me my friends who did TR at independent training center and at SLX are at the same condition during last 1 year. No job, no salary (even they have contract with SLX). With the difference of 15K you can fly SE or ME more or less 50 hours so you can keep yourself current and into the aviation.

Their service agreement contract is totally illegal in my opinion but not binding in European Union because it is offered via 3rd country company. Having this contract or not having is exactly has same meaning=unemployment. Sooner or later this type of bogus schemes and contract will be forbidden however politicians need to wait and see some catastrophic event which involves such contracts. There is nothing here to compare with RYR contracts because they are much more socially responsible.

2021 will be hard year for pilots who has such contracts therefore flying times will be very little. If SLX starts to operate this year it will be maybe with 5-8 A/C at most. Like one of the post said I would not be surprised if they let new TR students fly instead of those finished on 2019-2020.

Think twice.

I would say if you really want something in aviation do a teaching course for ground schools or obtain FI rating. Because teaching sector will revitalize faster than commercial flying since there is at least lag of 2 years.