PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Woke Air Forces
Thread: Woke Air Forces
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2021, 08:03
Corporal Clott

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
ExAscoteer2

Oh wow, that was a bit shouty. I think you have also just proven another point that I would like to make. When someone even mentions that some D&I feels wrong to someone who identifies as a male, white, Anglo-Saxon and protestant then there are rolling of eyes, sucking/gnashing of teeth and mutterings/inferences of privilege. How can that intolerance of a view be possibly right?

The current military active bystander training is a classic. Wrapped up in a D&I wrapper, this really is just CRM and HF training with a overt agenda to make issue of diversity and inclusivity matters. Quite frankly I find it insulting that it is presented in that way. I also find it insulting and demeaning for my chain of command to tell me it is wrong to have some sort of initiation ceremony where someone gets a part of a 81mm mortar shoved up their backside - I know that is wrong, and so do the vast majority of us. But now every single arrival or leaving event will be toned down to such an extent that it won’t be an event at all. That cohesion that B Word mentions will be lost, and just because a small group of individuals were idiots the rest will suffer and the slow drip-drip indoctrination will continue.

I have been in a meeting where I have been shouted (yes, shouted) at for mistakenly using ‘man/woman’ instead of ‘male/female’. Apparently it is wrong and it shows my unconscious bias! Really? If that is not intolerant of an error between a term for sex or a term for gender, then I don’t know what is! But the person doing that so publicly seemed to take great pleasure in doing so, probably just so they could earn another social justice warrior badge for their collection.